If you need
• 1125 performance review phrases
• Top 28 performance appraisal forms
Please visit: performancereview123.com
Quality of work – Performance review phrases
• John is a careful person, he always thinks twice before performing so his performance is always accomplished well.
• John always puts the exactness above when he performs his duties.
• John never skips any detail of his assignments.
• We should not believe much in John. He never performs as well as we expect.
• John usually makes mistakes when performing his duties. His products seldom pass when being inspected.
• John rarely pays attention to the details of his duties so he often makes mistakes when doing his work.
Problem solving phrases
Problem solving is a highly-cognitive process which requires the person to know how to deal with a problem and to proceed in right manner.
1. Positive performance appraisal phrases for problem solving
• John has ability to analyze any problem and find out the most solution to each problem.
• John always analyzes an issue carefully and then looks for different ways to resolve that issue.
• John is ready to work with complicated consequences and he has ability to find out the most suitable solutions to submit to the managers.
2. Negative performance appraisal phrases for problem solving
• John finds it hard to look for a solution to a difficult situation.
• John is impossible to submit needed information to the managers when he faces a complex situation.
• John makes mistake again and again. He should learn how to withdraw a lesson from failure.
Attitude – Performance review phrases
• Ted always thinks positively. He always has good solution when we face difficulty.
• Tom always has enthusiastic attitude and he carries out right decision during extreme situations.
• Jenny has positive point of view in every circumstance.
• Jim often pushes difficulty to his colleagues. He is not open-minded and does not want to cooperate with others.
• Walter always expresses his uncooperativeness when anyone needs help.
• Bill often looks everything with pessimistic eyes and that affects negatively to the whole team.
Adaptability – Performance review phrases
• Be prompt in tackling changes during doing her assignments;
• Welcomes criticism to help improve her business;
• Be enthusiasm to say about the method she is using to fulfill a task;
• Keeps the proposal of change;
• Gets involved and quickly adapts to different changes in different situations.
2.Negative performance appraisal phrases for Adaptability
• Put off or haul such training and deployment of new programs;
• Be reluctant to be in charge of duties which are “below her”;
• Do not show any independence in doing research and working;
• Be unwilling to take over others in the same department when necessary;
• Be confused upon such “out of plan” changes.
Other job skills, abilities: ability to learn, accountability, accuracy, adherence to policy, analytical thinking, analytical skills, appearance, areas of improvement, attention to detail, attendance
Critical thinking phrasesSample phrases for critical thinking:
• John is a careful person so he always considers thoroughly before he bring out any idea.
• John always thinks twice before he meets any problem so he rarely faces difficulty when he has extreme situations.
• John never thinks twice before making any decision because he is in hurry all the time.
• John often does not calculate to the situations that can be happened during performing duties.
Decision making – Performance review phrases
1. Positive performance review phrases for decision making
• Be able to work out multiple alternative solutions and determined the most suitable one;
• Be objective in considering a fact or situation;
• Be firm to not let the individual emotion and feeling affect on the made decision;
2. Negative performance review phrases for decision making
• Be hesitant in making decision and too much cautious in making the final decision which often results in wrong decision;
• Apply complex and impractical approaches in solving problems;
• Fail to make a short-list of solutions recommended by direct units;
Dependability – Performance review phrases
1. Positive Phrases
• George is known for his dependability and willingness to do what it takes.
• Nancy is always willing to help with a positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes.
• Holly is an asset to our team as we know if it needs to get completed, Holly will finish it.
2. Negative Phrases
• Jenny is reliable when it suits her. On tasks she doesn’t enjoy, she needs a steady reminder to get them accomplished.
• Kenny does not demonstrate a concern for what we think of him and whether or not we believe he is up to the job.
• In this economy, we need people who are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Julia is not one of those people.
Other job skills/abilities: change management, coaching, collaboration, communication skills, commitment, computer skills, conflict management, continuous improvement, confidence, cooperation, core values, customer service, customer focus, customer satisfaction, detail oriented, delegation, deadlines, drive for results, dress code
Goals setting – Performance review phrases
• John knows how to assign duty to the right staff and instruct them perform their assignment well.
• John always gives each staff his right assignment and his staffs pay him back as his expectation.
• John often assigns his members duties without giving them information or feedback so they do not know what should do.
• He rarely catches the goals because he does not know how to bring right duties to the right person.
Initiative – Performance review phrases
• Dean knows what his duty is because he is always on the way to find new challenges himself.
• John does not need anyone tell him what to do. He always acts his assignments without waiting for any warning.
• John is a responsible staff. He always performs his assignments initiatively and no one needs to supervise him.
• John is not as excellent and skillful as he shown in his application.
• John needs someone tell him what to do because he is unable to accomplish his assignments well by himself.
• John is not an active staff because he does not want to learn about new skills or techniques as well as to improve his qualification.
Interpersonal skill phrases
a. Positive Appraisal Phases
• Pete is a very interesting colleague to work with.
• Bill always knows how to establish a good rapport with other team members.
• Jane gets on well with other people easily. She has a very good communication skill.
b. Negative Appraisal Phases
• It’s rarely for Tide to appreciate other members’ performance. He shall only upset those around him.
• During his path, Ryan has gained nothing but left traces of bad relationship with others.
• Paula tends to stand alone in the corner among a crowd. It’s hardly to communicate with her.
Management style phrases
a. Positive Appraisal Phrases
• Mandy started the period with such poor performance; she, however, finished it amazingly with her team performance was the best of all the groups.
• Greg took over the worst team of the company, but he managed so well that he has changed every member to be one of the most effective employees in the company.
• Terry has received much positive appraisal from his subordinates and other line-managers.
b. Negative Appraisal Phases
• Holly is not effective in leading her team to high performance.
• Paul has not yet known the ways to deal with situations among a group; therefore, his team gives our company a poor result.
• Julie is a great employee; she, however, does not well in being a manager.
Other job skills/abilities: ethics, enthusiasm, flexibility, integrity, independence, innovation, job knowledge, judgement, judgment, learning, leadership, listening, motivation, multitasking.
Teamwork Skill phrases
a. Positive Appraisal Phrases
• Maria is a good team member. She is very cooperative and helpful in times of need.
• Out team’s success depends on the performance of each member and Bill’s ability to coordinate such performance together.
• Ben doesn’t care who receives the credit. He only cares about how to get the job done excellently.
b. Negative Appraisal Phases
• Andrea is more suitable to an individual-focused environment than a group-work environment.
• Esther directed each member toward accomplishing their tasks; she didn’t focus on coordinating them toward one common goal, however.
Other job skills/abilities:
organizational skills, personality, planning skills, productivity, professionalism, project management, reliability, responsibility, results oriented, relationship building, safety, self confidence, supervision, strategic thinking, strengths, stress management, technical skills, team player, team building, time management, training, vision